My ancestors who have served in the military since the Revolutionary War include:
He and my mother are buried at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery in San Diego, on Point Loma overlooking the city and the Pacific Ocean
2. World War I
* Lyle L. Carringer (1891-1976, my grandfather) served in the United States Marines in San Diego. The picture is from 1917.
3. Civil War
* Isaac Seaver (1823-1901, my great-great-grandfather) of Leominster MA, a blacksmith, served in the Union Army.
4. War of 1812
* James Bell (1777-1836) of Albany NY and later Henderson NY, served in the NY Militia.
* Amos Underhill (1772-1865) of Aurora NY served in the NY Militia.
* Benjamin Seaver (1791-1825) of Westminster MA served in the Massachusetts Militia.
5. Revolutionary War
* Martin Carringer (1758-1835) of Mercer County PA (RevWar Pension file)
* Philip Row (1752-1817) of Hunterdon County NJ (RevWar Pension File)
* Peter Putman (1760-1835) of NJ and Yates County NY (RW Pension file)
* Stephen Feather (17??-1804) of NJ and Westmoreland County PA
* Rudolf Spengler (1738-1811) of York County PA
* Philip Jacob King (1738-1792) of York County PA
* Burgess Metcalf (1741-1816) of Grafton County, NH
* Isaac Buck (1757-1846) of Sterling MA (RevWar Pension File)
* Thomas Dill (1755-1830) of Eastham MA (RevWar Pension File)
* Joseph Champlin (1758-1850) of S. Kingston RI (RevWar Pension File)
* Norman Seaver (1734-1787) of Westminster MA
* Benjamin Seaver (1757-1816) of Westminster MA
* Zachariah Hildreth (1728-1784) of Westford MA
* Zachariah Hildreth (1754-1828) of Townsend MA
* Amos Plimpton (1735-1808) of Medfield MA
* David Kirby (1740-1832) of Westport MA
* Joseph Oatley (1756-1815) of S. Kingston RI.
I thank God for these men, the families that nurtured them, the wives that supported them, and the children who learned from them about the importance of service to their country.
May God continue to bless the United States of America.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/11/veterans-day-2015-my-heroes.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Randall J. Seaver