We all carpooled from downtown Salt Lake City and Thomas MacEntee arranged a car service because it was cold and the Erickson home is about 30 minutes south of SLC. Linda and I, and Eric Jelle, were chauffeured by Carol Petranek in her rental car. We were picked up at 6:40 p.m. and got there at about 7:20 p.m. Thank you, Carol!
Gordon greeted us, and Pat helped us shed out coats in the bedroom with the help of her cute red-haired granddaughter, Hannah. Pat's daughters, Carrie and Stacy, did the food preparation and serving and did a fantastic job. The menu was Pasta Fagioli, breadsticks, salad, and delicious desserts. They made Linda a chicken breast and steamed vegetables to avoid her allergies. Everyone loved it!
Chairs were set up in many of the upstairs rooms for dinner, and people ate in small groups. There was lots of great conversation and stories. One highlight for me was talking to Michael McCormick and seeing his 9 month old daughter, Leah. Very cute! I did not take a lot of pictures - I was telling and listening to stories!
Here are some of my pictures from the Geneabloggers After Party:
1) The DearMYRTLE nerve center for the Mondays With Myrt, Wacky Wednesday and other Hangouts on Air:
2) Lara Diamond, Carol Petranek, Israel Pickholtz, Banai Feldstein and Daniel Horowitz:
3) Jill Ball taking a picture with the kitchen in the background:
4) Geoff Mulholland and Gordon Erickson:
5) Jana Last, her husband (name?) and (name?) - sorry I can't recall!
6) Lisa Alzo and Peggy Lauritzen:
7) Shannon Bennett, (name?) and Jennifer Alford:
8) Chris (name?), Amy Archibald and Schelly Talalay Dardasti seated, and Michael McCormick with Leah (on the floor)
I will update the missing names when I learn them! My apologies to those I can't recall.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver