* The FamilySearch website will undergo a technical upgrade and will be down for up to 24 hours on Monday, 27 June, starting at 12 a.m. (midnight) Mountain time. Some persons think this is a move to the Amazon Cloud Services, others think it may mean the new.FamilySearch tree will be disconnected from FamilySearch Family Tree, or something else. Or all of the above. We'll find out on Tuesday next week, I guess.
* AncestryDNA now has their 2 millionth tester - see the Ancestry.com blog post 2 Million People Strong (posted 22 June 2016). This is good news for those of us hoping to have more close matches - maybe my brothers, their children, my first cousins or their children, or my potential step-sibling will test! Or not.
* Aha Seminars announced a new regular podcast called "Genealogy Connection" hosted by Drew Smith, sponsored by Findmypast. The new podcast will alternate with the current "Genealogy Guys" podcast on a weekly basis. I would have announced this earlier, but they didn't send me a press release.
* Ancestry Academy has added a number of short courses (free) and state classes (not free?) - you can see the list at New on Ancestry Academy: Short Courses and State Classes (posted 9 June 2016).
* You can watch the full episodes of Genealogy Roadshow on PBS online at http://www.pbs.org/show/genealogy-roadshow/. I missed the first half of the Providence episode and just watched it.
* DearMYRTLE and Cousin Russ presented "Seven Habits of Highly Effective Genealogists" to the Grand Strand Genealogy club in Myrtle Beach, S.C. recently. You can watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR8ByPy1J9Q.
The last two items should keep you busy all of Friday morning! Enjoy.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver