My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Top 5 Online Genealogy Education Platforms by Jenny Lanctot on the Are My Roots Showing? blog. Jenny lists her faves.
* i4GG Was a Great Conference by Kitty Cooper on Kitty Cooper's Blog. Kitty reviews this Genetic Genealogy conference from last weekend.
* San Diego Genealogy Day 2016 by J. Paul Hawthorne on the GeneaSpy blog. Paul reviews this local event and shares lots of photographs.
* Nine Kinds of Ancestor Death Records You Should Look For by Diane Haddad on The Genealogy Insider blog. Only nine?
* Working With a Strategy by Diane Boumenot on the One Rhode Island Family blog. Diane defines a research strategy after laying out the problem.
* Ancestry.com Releases We're Related App by the writer of The Ancestry Insider blog. This is them ost comprehensive review of the app I've seen.
* i4GG 2016 International Genetic Genealogy Conference by J. Paul Hawthorne on the GeneaSpy blog. Paul reviews this international event and shares lots of photographs.
* 5 Reasons You Must Have Army and Air Force Company Morning Reports by Jennifer Holik on the World War II Research and Writing Center blog. Jennifer reviews this interesting World War II resource.
* Celebrate Halloween With These Characters From the Records by Kristen Hyde on the Ancestry.com Blog. Kristen finds some interesting names and occupations.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 28 October 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 28 October 2016 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Friday Finds 28 October 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 29 October 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- October 29, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (October 29, 2016) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
* Weekly Genealogy Picks by John Newmark on the TransylvanianDutch blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/10/best-of-genea-blogs-23-to-29-october.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.