Welcome to my genealogy blog. Genea-Musings features genealogy research tips and techniques, genealogy news items and commentary, genealogy humor, San Diego genealogy society news, family history research and some family history stories from the keyboard of Randy Seaver (of Chula Vista CA), who thinks that Genealogy Research Is really FUN!
Copyright (c) Randall J. Seaver, 2006-2017.
1) PERSON (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Name: Maria Barbara Wilhelm[1–2]
* Alternate Name: Maria Barbara Konig
* Sex: Female
* Father: Johann Jacob Wilhelm (1705-1773)
* Mother: Catherina --?-- (1705- )
2) INDIVIDUAL EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Birth: about 1740, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
* Distribution: 16 October 1773 (about age 33), father's will proved; Lancaster, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
* Death: about 1779 (about age 39), York, York, Pennsylvania, United States
3) SHARED EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Spouse 1: Philip Jacob Konig (1738-1792)
* Marriage 1: 1 April 1763 (about age 23), Lancaster, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States[1–2]
* Child 1: Philip Jacob Konig (1764-1829)
* Child 2: Elizabeth Konig (1767- )
* Child 3: Henry Konig (1770- )
* Child 4: George Konig (1774-1844)
* Child 5: Peter Konig (1775- )
* Child 6: John Konig (1776- )
* Child 7: Barbara Konig (1777-1805)
4) NOTES (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
Maria Barbara Wilhelm was born about 1740 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania to Jacob and Catharina (--?--) Wilhelm, the fourth of five children.
On April 1, 1763, the Reverend John Waldschmidt, of the reformed faith, married Philip Jacob King and Maria Barbara Wilhelm, in the parlor of the bride's home, in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania[1-2]. The marriage record in Lancaster church records says:
"KONIG, Philip Jacob, s. of Nicolaus Konig, and Maria Barbara, d. of Jacob Wilhelm; Apr. 1, 1763; in Jacob Wilhelm's house." The minister was Rev. John Waldschmidt.
Philip Jacob and Maria Barbara (Wilhelm) Konig had seven children between 1763 and 1777 in York County, Pennsylvania. The first four were baptized in the First Reformed (Trinity) church in York, and the last three were baptized in Manchester Lutheran church.
The will of Jacob Wilhelm, father of Maria Barbara (Wilhelm) Konig, identifies Maria Barbara as the wife of Philip Jacob Konig, and bequeathed to her:
* a one-fifth share of his real and personal estate after the death of his wife, except for that property bequeathed to his three sons.
* 25 pounds each year out of the estate to be paid to her by her brothers, Philip Jacob and Adam.
There are no death or burial records for Maria Barbara (Wilhelm) Konig. She probably died before 1779, probably in York, Pennsylvania. Her husband, Philip Jacob Konig, married, secondly in about 1779 to Maria Catherina Ziegler.
1. Richard Shue, The Kings of York County: Pioneers, Patriots and Papermakers (York, Penn. : the author, n.d.), Part II, page 2.
2. "Pennsylvania Marriage Records, 1700-1821," digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com), Lancaster > Rev. John Waldschmidt, 1752-1786, page 235, Philip Jacob Konig and Maria Barbara Wilhelm marriage entry, 1 April 1763.
3. "Pennsylvania, Probate Records, 1683-1994," digital images, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org), Jacob Wilhelm will, written 17 August 1771, registered 16 October 1773; accessed in Lancaster County, “Wills, 1747-1830, Vol. I-K,” Book J, pages 350-353, images 424-425 of 786.
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.