When I looked at my AncestryDNA results today, I saw a changed screen (two images below):
There are four major areas on the screens above:
1) The Ethnicity Estimates - these haven't changed for awhile - I'm still 66% Western Europe, 18% Ireland and 9% Great Britain (two images below):
I still think that these AncestryDNA Ethnicity Estimates are incorrect based on comparing them with my FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe ethnicity estimates and with my known ancestry (roughly 68% British Isles in the 1500s) based on genealogy research.
2) The AncestryDNA Matches - these are with other AncestryDNA testers:
* I have 165 Starred Matches (I assign the star)
* I have 333 4th cousins or closer (Ancestry's relationship estimate)
* I have about
Unfortunately, when I made the image above, the Shared Ancestry Hints and associated information was unavailable. See the message at the top of the image. My guess is that this will be corrected today. [UPDATE 21 December: The trees are still unavailable a day later]
3) DNA Circles -- these are ancestors of mine that some of my matches share DNA with me (presumably on the same chromosome in the same segment):
These seven DNA Circles haven't changed much in the past months.
4) New Ancestor Discoveries -- these are potential ancestors or descendants of potential ancestors based on DNA segment sharing and the DNA Circles of other testers. I now have six NADs, I had 8 last week, and fewer several months ago. I have never been able to use these to find a common ancestor with the others in the NAD circles.
I continue to think that AncestryDNA really needs a chromosome browser, although many persons have downloaded their raw DNA file from all three testing services and uploaded the raw DNA data to GEDMatch, which is FREE.