1) On Yearbook Collection FREE on Mocavo (posted 7 November 2012):
* Anonymous said: "You are showing 'Mocavo Plus' in your example. This is not free. When I searched various names, I kept getting a chance to upgrade."
* Katelyn explained: "Hi! Just to clarify, the Yearbooks collection looks the same for both Mocavo Basic and Mocavo Plus users. In order to see the collection, the site asks that you either log in to your account or create a Mocavo Basic membership, which is completely free and only takes a minute to sign up for. You can view all of Mocavo's content for free with the Mocavo Basic account. Mocavo Plus is a subscription service and offers advanced features such as Advanced Search, Discovery Alerts, Search Re-runs, Smart Trees, Browsing History, and Advanced Document Viewing."
My comments: Thanks for the comment and the explanation!
2) On Ancestry.com Has General Land Office Collection (posted 29 October 2012):
* Norm Prince noted: "I was thinking that the land office records have been available on the free BLM web site - http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/
for some years now. This has worked for me many times without the need to be an Ancestry subscriber."
* Connie Sheets commented: "As best as I can determine, Ancestry's database is not identical to the one at the BLM site. I know I have recently found bounty land records at the BLM site that do not appear in the Ancestry database. They were ones that were somewhat recently added to the BLM site, so it may be that Ancestry has not updated yet."
My comments: You guys know more about this than I do - thanks for fighting through the Captcha to help us out.
3) In Follow-Up Friday - Helpful and Interesting Reader Comments (posted 26 October 2012):
* Geolover noted: "Randy, you said 'The Ancestry World Trees seem to be gone from the Ancestry record collections.'
No, they are still there. Here is a link to the list of trees on the site:
--or go to the Card Catalog and put just Trees in the title for searching.
"It is the AWTs (discontinued for entries about 5 years ago) that were automatically entered in WorldConnect on Rootsweb.com, not current public Ancestry Member Trees. The WorldConnect trees include many others than just the AWTs, which you can detect because the ones originating with the old AWT software show submitter names as numbers ending in a colon in search results.
"Ancestry.com stopped supporting the software for AWTs some years ago. I do not know if special report printing from them is still possible."
Birth: Sep. 25, 1903
Death: Oct. 2, 1971
Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Glendale)
Los Angeles County
Plot: Kindly Light, Map B13, Lot 78, Space 5
Created by: Chris Mills
Record added: Feb 22, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 85482261"
"I guess no one connects to him on WorldConnect"