Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
* Tell us about your "other" hobbies or interests outside of genealogy and family history research, writing, speaking, etc. Be mindful of your family's privacy, though!
* Write a blog post of your own, respond with a comment to this post, or write a Facebook status post or a Google+ Stream post.
Do I really have a life outside of genealogy and family history research, society activities, blogging and speaking? Of course I do - I only do that 8 to 12 hours a day when the grandkids aren't here or we're not traveling.
My other interests include:
* Being with my two daughters and their families, including the four grandchildren (boys aged 9.4 and 6.9, girls aged 7.9 and 4.7). I'm not averse to making family history with all of them!
* Traveling - although we usually combine genealogy research and conference-going with sightseeing and visiting friends.
* Reading mystery novels - authors like James Patterson, John Sandford, John Grisham, Michael Palmer, Lee Child, Jack Higgins, Michael Connelly, John Lescroart, Tom Clancy, etc. I usually read in the evening while watching baseball games or news shows.
* Keeping up with current events (including politics, science, religion, aerospace) via online forums and websites, network and cable news shows, print newspapers, etc.
* Being a devoted fan of the San Diego Padres (MLB baseball - we go to about 25 games a year, and watch on TV) and San Diego Chargers (NFL football - we don't go, only watch on TV).
* Entertainment - I don't watch any entertainment shows on TV, don't rent or go to movies, except once in a long while. We used to have a tear membership to a local theater, but don't this year.
* Friends - we go to church almost every week, and some church social events, and occasionally go to lunch or dinner with friends. We go to parties when we're invited. Linda goes out swimming, shopping and lunching almost every day (thank goodness!).
* Eating and sleeping - Linda is an excellent cook and I really appreciate her culinary talents. We go out to eat occasionally at steak houses or El Pollo Loco. I try to get 7 hours a night to stay sane, and occasionally take a 20-30 minute power nap in the afternoon in my recliner with the TV on.
* Exercise? Um, not much these days. Does typing count? I used to walk a mile or two several times a week, but my feet hurt now when I do that. Ah, mental gymnastics solving genealogy puzzles! I know that I need to do more exercising my body, but genealogy is so addictive!
Pretty tame, isn't it? But, but, but - see, I have a life!
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/01/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-other-you.html
Copyright (c) 2013, Randall J. Seaver