"A person employed to write what another dictates or to copy what has been written by another."
The subject today is the probate records of Henry Carringer (1800-1879) of Columbus City, Louisa County, Iowa. Part 1 of this series was presented last week in Amanuensis Monday - Post 185: Probate Records of Henry Carringer (1800-1879) - Part 1.
* Eliza Carringer (1827-1914, married 1758 John Robinson (1814-1867)
* David Jackson Carringer (1828-1902), married 1851 Rebecca Spangler (1832-1901)
* George Carringer (1832-before 1880), married 1864 Mary --?-- (1845-????). Mary (--?--) Carringer married (2) James McLaughlin
* Cornelius A. Carringer (1834-1916), married (1) 1859 Elizabeth Green (1834-1870), married (2) 1871 Nancy Elizabeth Donaldson (1852-1908)
* Mary Carringer (1835-1908)
* Sarah Carringer (1837-????)
* Henry Carringer (1839-1864)
* Louisa M. Carringer (1842-????)
* Matilda Spangler Carringer (1845-1911), married 1867 John Spencer Moore (1838-1908)
* Harvey Carringer (1848-1870)
Henry Carringer died intestate, and his probate papers are in Volume 5 of the Louisa County, Iowa Probate court records. D.W. Moore was appointed administrator for the estate. Three documents in the probate case, dated 13 September 1881, are the Appointment of a Guardian for Wilbert H. Carringer, Approval of the Inventory taken by the administrator and appraisers, and the Allowance of a Claim by Mary Carringer: