- List every one by first, middle, last name and suffix then year of birth [James Joseph Duffy Sr (1896)] as this help with the duplicate names.
- I name my files like (Kenneth-John-McCarthy-1930-
Census), (Priscilla-Lancaster-Perry- 1930-Census) or after marriage (Priscilla-Lancaster-(Perry)- McCarthy-Social-Security-Death Index).
- I download all copies of documents as a jpg file and the cover page as a pdf. (Aperture doesn't take text files so I use the pdf format, I use these to copy and paste information into my genealogy program off-line).
- Make adjustments to all document in Photoshop - straighten, chop, hilite etc.
- Drop and drag files into my genealogy program. After adding the files to my genealogy program label the cover files in red and the image files in green.