Friday, July 4, 2014
My Revolutionary War Soldiers
I wanted to list, and link to my blog posts about (in blue), my known Revolutionary War soldiers:
* Martin Carringer (1758-1835) of Mercer County PA (RevWar Pension file)
* Philip Row (1752-1817) of Hunterdon County NJ (RevWar Pension File)
* Peter Putman (1760-1835) of NJ and Yates County NY (RevWar Pension file)
* Stephen Feather (1740-1804) of NJ and Westmoreland County PA
* Rudolf Spengler (1738-1811) of York County PA
* Philip Jacob King (1738-1792) of York County PA
* Burgess Metcalf (1741-1816) of Piermont NH
* Isaac Buck (1757-1846) of Sterling MA (RevWar Pension File)
* Thomas Dill (1755-1830) of Eastham MA (RevWar Pension File)
* Joseph Champlin (1758-1850) of S. Kingston RI (RevWar Pension File)
* Norman Seaver (1734-1787) of Westminster MA
* Benjamin Seaver (1757-1816) of Westminster MA
* Zachariah Hildreth (1728-1784) of Westford MA
* Zachariah Hildreth (1754-1828) of Townsend MA
* Amos Plimpton (1735-1808) of Medfield MA
* David Kirby (1740-1832) of Westport MA
* Joseph Oatley (1756-1815) of S. Kingston RI.
Amazingly, each of them survived their wartime experiences.
I thank God for these men, the families that nurtured them, the wives that supported them, and the children who learned from them the importance of service to their country.
Thank you, gentlemen soldiers, and your families, for your service and your bravery. I wish that I had known you. You've provided me with a wonderful ancestry, and I greatly appreciate it, every day.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver