* their daughter #79 Martha Phillips (1757-after 1820) who married #78 Isaac Buck (1757-1846) in 1780.
1) PERSON (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Name: Hannah Brown[1–2]
* Sex: Female
2) INDIVIDUAL EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Birth: about 1725, Massachusetts, United States
* Death: before 1774 (before about age 49), probably Shrewsbury, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
3) SHARED EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Spouse 1: John Phillips (1722-1800)
* Marriage 1: 3 May 1749 (about age 24), Southborough, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States[1–2]
* Child 1: Sarah Phillips (1750- )
* Child 2: Jonathan Phillips (1752-1826)
* Child 3: Joanna Phillips (1755- )
* Child 4: Martha "Patty" Phillips (1757-1820)
* Child 5: Elizabeth Phillips (1764- )
4) NOTES (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
Hannah Brown's birth date and birth place are not known, and the names of her parents and possible siblings are not known. She appears in Southborough, Massachusetts records for her marriage in 1749, but there are no clues for her birth in about 1725, very likely in Massachusetts.
There were many Brown families in Southborough, Massachusetts and nearby towns (e.g., Marlborough, Sudbury, Framingham, Stow, etc.) during the 1740 to 1750 time frame. A search for possible candidates for the Hannah Brown who married in 1749 was conducted in published books, periodicals and manuscripts available in repositories and online resources. A review of nearby town vital records did not provide a helpful clue to Hannah's parentage. Probate records for candidate Brown males in Worcester and Middlesex Counties in Massachusetts between 1749 and 1800 did not provide any useful clues.
Hannah Brown married John Phillips in Southborough, Massachusetts on 3 May 1749. The town record says:
"John Phillips & Hannah Brown married May the 3rd day 1749"
Their first two children - Sarah and Jonathan - were born in Southborough in 1750 and 1752 respectively, and their last three children - Joanna, Martha and Elizabeth - were born in Shrewsbury in Worcester County, Massachusetts in 1755, 1757 and 1764 respectively.
Hannah (Brown) Phillips probably died after 1764 (when her last child was born) and before 1774 (when John married again), perhaps in Shrewsbury or Southborough.
1. Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988, digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com), "Southborough Births, Marriages and Deaths," Page 49 (image 103), John Phillips and Hannah Brown marriage entry, 1749.
2. Systematic Historic Fund, Vital Records of Southborough, Massachusetts to the end of the Year 1849 (Worcester, Mass.: Franklin P. Rice, 1903), Marriages, page 135, John Phillips and Hannah Brown entry, 1749.