Here are some of the most precious (to me) images from my Seaver/Leland photograph collection:
In March 2010, we visited Australia, New Zealand and Fiji on a three week Grand Circle Travel Tour to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, and I took some photographs with my trusty digital camera.
1) After Queenstown on the South Island of New Zealand, we flew out of Christchurch to Auckland on the North Island. This was our last stop in New Zealand.
As soon as we arrived, we got on a bus and took a sightseeing tour. The first stop was Mount Eden, which overlooks the city, and has a crater. Here we are posing in front of the cityscape:
2) Here is Linda in front of the crater:
3) Then back on the bus, and down to the beach. Lynda explains that we have to go find lunch nearby:
We went off to find lunch. We ended up having a great ice cream cone when we couldn't find fish and chips that Linda could eat! Life is short - eat dessert first!
4) Here we are after our ice cream standing on the beach:
After the beach, we went to our hotel, checked in and rested.
5) That night, there was a hosted dinner at the Rendezvous Hotel:
I cannot remember the name of anyone on the tour except for my wife and the guide!
More on our New Zealand visit in coming weeks.
Unfortunately, I've lost the memories of all the details of this vacation - I know what we saw but can't remember what we were told. Fortunately, I found my Facebook photo albums from our 2010 vacation with pictures and some captions so all is not lost. I found that I posted very few photos from this vacation on Genea-Musings.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver