Your mission this week, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) If you have your family tree research in a Genealogy Management Program (GMP), whether a computer software program or an online family tree, figure out how to find how many persons, places, sources, etc. are in your database (hint: the Help button is your friend!)
2) Tell us which GMP you use, and how many persons, places, sources, etc. are in your database(s) today in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blog post, or in a Facebook status or Google+ stream comment.
I use RootsMagic 7 at present for my Genealogy Management Program of choice. In File > Properties this window popped up:
* People: 46,133
* Families: 18,451
* Events: 148,142
* Alternate names: 1,386
* Places: 9,236
* Sources: 1,373
* Citations: 73,124
* Repositories: 76
* To-do tasks: 144
* Multimedia items: 1,128
* Multimedia links: 2,103
* Addresses: 10
* Correspondence: 19
If I do this in other programs, the process is:
* Family Tree Maker 16 (and earlier): Tools > Family File Statistics
* Family Tree Maker 2008 (and later): in "Plan" Workspace, click "More" button
* Legacy Family Tree 8: Help > General Information
* Ancestry Member Tree: Select your tree, then click on "Tree Pages," and select "Tree Overview."
* MyHeritage Tree: Click on "Go to Family Stats" on your home page.
While I use each of these programs, the only program file that is "up-to-date" is my RootsMagic 7 database.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver