Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Treasure Chest Tuesday - 1910 U.S. Census Record for Herman Schaffner Household in San Francisco, Calif.
This week's Tuesday treasure is the 1910 United States Census record for the Herman Schaffner family enumerated in San Francisco, San Francisco County, California:
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/01/treasure-chest-tuesday-1910-us-census.html
The Schaffner household snippet:
The extracted information for this household, residing at 1134 Castro Street in San Francisco:
* Herman Schaffner - head, male, white, age 58, widowed twice, born New York, parents born Germany/Germany, able to speak English, a secretary, works for Fraternal - Knights of Pythias, able to read and write, owns home free of mortgage
* Paul F. Schaffner - son, male, white, age 31, first marriage, married 4 years, born California, parents born New York/Massachusetts, able to speak English, a clerk, works for oil company, able to read and write
* Edna Schaffner - daughter-in-law, female, white, age 26, first marriage, married 4 years, 1 child born, 1 living, born California, parents born Maryland/Australia, able to speak English, no occupation, can read and write
* Frederick Schaffner - son, male, white, age 21, single, born California, parents born New York/Massachusetts, able to speak English, a clerk, works for dried fruit company, can read and write
* Muriel E. Schaffner - granddaughter, female, white, age 1-1/12, single, born California, parents born California/California
The source citation for this record is:
1910 United States Federal Census, San Francisco County, California, population schedule, 34th Assembly District, Enumeration District 107, Page 2B, Dwelling #34, Family #37, Herman Schaffner household, online database and digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com); citing National Archives Microfilm Publication T624, Roll 98.
Herman Schaffner is the head of household, with son Paul, Paul's wife and daughter, and Paul's brother in the household. Mary Ann (Paul) Schaffner, the wife of Herman, died in 1908 in San Francisco. Herman and Mary Ann (Paul) Schaffner are my wife's great-grandparents, and their eldest son, Paul Schaffner (1878-1934), who married Edna McKnew in 1906, are my wife's maternal grandparents, through their daughter Edna who was born in 1913.
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.