In this post, I'm going to look at several more of the Lists that can be created using the Reports > Lists menu. In the "Family" View with my grandfather, Frederick Seaver, highlighted, I clicked on the "Report" menu item and clicked the "Lists" option. The Lists menu opened and I maximized it so that I could see all of the icons. I chose "All Reports" from the left hand column and the 33 list options showed (in icon format). The next seven (21 to 27) are (I'm going to show only the reports, not the steps to create them from now on):
21) Pedigree Chart - a a chart showing a person and up to six generations of ancestors. This was covered in Post 4A and Post 4B.
22) Photo Tree - A "tree" with ancestor pictures on it. The format is shown below - unfortunately, I don't have any photos loaded into RootsMagic 4 yet.
23) Place List - a list of places in the database. The user can select to Print all places in the database, or to Print all events in a single place. I chose the latter, clicked on the "Select Place" button, and when the "Place List" opened, I selected Leominster, Worcester County, MA, as shown below:
I clicked the "Select" button, and then the "Generate Report" button on the "Report Settings" menu, and the Place List report was created:
24) Relationship Chart - a chart showing how two people are related. This was covered in Post 11.
25) Repository List - a list of the repositories in the database. The user can choose to print all of the repositories in the database, or select a single repository. I chose the Print All and the report looked like:
26) Scrapbook - a scrapbook of pictures for a person, family, etc. I don't have any pictures in the database, so I cannot display this item. Here is the "Report Settings" menu for this item:
27) Source List - a list of sources in the database. The "Report Settings" menu for this item is shown below:
These lists can be very useful. As mentioned before, the formatting options for these reports and charts are limited.
One more post about the Lists and then we'll move on to other Reports.