This photograph is from my grandfather's photo album that I scanned during Scanfest in January:
The note on the back of the photograph indicates that this photo was taken at Christmas 1916. The setting is the Austin and Della (Smith) Carringer house at 2105 30th Street in San Diego (from the palm tree and the porch decoration seen in other photographs in this collection).
The people in this photograph are members of the Matthis Loucks family that lived in Oregon in this time period. I think that the persons in the photograph are:
* Matthias (Tice) Loucks (1846-1918), a native of Canada, died in Los Angeles.
* Harriet (Vaux) Loucks (1849-1924), the daughter of James and Harriet (Taylor) Vaux, and the first cousin of Abigail (Vaux) Smith, the mother of Della (Smith) Carringer.
* I think that the man in the cap is Wano Glenn Loucks (1886-1945), son of Matthias and Harriet (Vaux) Loucks), but I'm not sure. It might be his brother, Warren Tice Loucks (1889-1965) or his brother-in-law, Dallas Stubbs, husband of Blanche (Loucks) Stubbs.
* I think that the young girl is either Blanch P. Stubbs (born 1903) or Maude Stubbs (born 1906), daughters of Dallas and Blanche (Loucks) Stubbs. It may also be Thelma Loucks (born 1909), daughter of Wano and Bessie (--?--) Loucks.
* I don't know who the young man is - he may be Paul Stubbs (born 1899), the son of Wano and Bessie (--?--) Loucks, but he looks too young to be age 17.
If someone descended from this Loucks family can identify these persons, I would appreciate it! I have several more group photos of them with some of the Smith and Carringer families.