I am in the 7th great-grandmothers, up to number 527: Sarah SHEPARD (1667-1746). [Note: The 7th great-grandfathers have been covered in earlier posts].
My ancestral line back through two American generations of this SHEPARD family is:
1. Randall J. Seaver
2. Frederick Walton Seaver (1911-1983)
3. Betty Virginia Carringer (1919-2002)
4. Frederick Walton Seaver (1876-1942)
5. Alma Bessie Richmond (1882-1962)
8. Frank Walton Seaver (1852-1922)
9. Hattie Louise Hildreth (1857-1920)
16. Isaac Seaver (1823-1901)
17. Lucretia Townsend Smith (1827-1884)
32. Benjamin Seaver (1791-1825)
33. Abigail Gates (1797-1869)
64. Benjamin Seaver (1757-1816)
65. Martha Whitney (1764-1832)
130. Samuel Whitney (1719-1782)
131. Abigail Fletcher (1720-1783)
262. John Fletcher (1692-1749)
263. Mary Goble (1694-1734)
Gerald Faulkner Shepard, edited by Donald L. Jacobus, The Shepard Families of New England, Volume III, Additional Family Groups (New Haven, Conn. : New Haven Colony Historical Society, 1973).
This book did not provide a set of parents or siblings for John Shepard. There are many online family trees (e.g., at Rootsweb WorldConnect and Ancestry Member Trees) that assign John Shepard to Ralph and Thankslord (Perkins) Shepard who settled in Concord around 1660. I don't know if these assertions are correct. Does anyone have probate or land records that describe John Shepard as the son of Ralph Shepard? Perhaps John is a nephew of Ralph.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/10/surname-saturday-shepard-england.html
Copyright (c) 2012, Randall J. Seaver