Saturday, December 20, 2014
Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Make a Surname Christmas Tree
Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:
It's Saturday Night again -
time for some more Genealogy Fun!!
Come on, everybody, join in and accept the mission and execute it with precision.
Leslie Ann had a post on her Ancestors Live Here blog last year titled Wordless Wednesday -- Surname Christmas Tree which I thought was a great idea for an SNGF challenge on a Surname Saturday. Are you game?
1) Go see Leslie Ann's post, and figure out how you could make something similar to hers or to mine below.
2) Make your Surname Christmas Tree using your ancestral surnames - there's no limit on the number of surnames - and decorate your tree as you wish.
3) Show us your Surname Christmas Tree and tell us how you made it in a blog post of your own, in a Facebook post or in a Google+ post.
Here's how I did it:
* I used my word processor to add the surnames in an approximate tree shape.
* I colored the surnames green for the tree and brown for the trunk.
* I went to Google Images and looked for tree ornaments to decorate my tree, saved them, and inserted them into the word processing page.
* I saved the word processing page as a PDF file.
* I opened the PDF file, reduced the magnification, and used the Winsdows Snipping Tool to create a JPG image.
* I added the JPG image as above.
It did take me over an hour to create...I have over 10 generations of ancestral surnames on the tree above. I hope I didn't spell any names wrong!
I showed you mine, now please show me yours!
Thank you, Leslie Ann, for a great SNGF idea!
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/12/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-make.html
Coyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver