My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* "Just a Farmer" by Michael John Neill on the Rootdig.com blog. Amen!!
* I brought hidden emails to light, a light that shines on new connections by Becky Jamison on the Grave and Glory blog. Becky found some interesting emails on her computer, visited the local cemetery and found the subject of an email, a Civil War soldier, on Memorial Day!
* Why Am I Watching Roots? by True Lewis on the Notes to Myself blog. Excellent reasons.
* The Big Picture: Using Mind Mapping to Organize Research Ideas by Diane Haddad on the Genealogy Insider blog. Are you mind-mapping?
* Where is My Peach Pie? by Michelle Ganus Taggart on A Southern Sleuth blog. Michelle has a story for us.
* The Biggest Mistake in Reading Old Handwriting – and How to Avoid It by Amy Johnson Crow on the Amy Johnson Crow blog. Amy nails this...
* Making Gift Books From Blog Posts by Lorine McGinnis Schulze on the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog. Lorine is really good at this.
* Why Create a Family Tree Online? 5 Good Reasons by Natalie L. on the Crestleaf blog. I agree.
* Ancestry Refines New Ancestor Discoveries (NADs) by Roberta J. Estes on the DNA-eXplained - Genetic Genealogy blog. Roberta describes the latest AncestryDNA updaqte.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking June 3, 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds, 3 June 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* Follow Friday – 3 June 2016 by Wendy Littrell on the All My Branches Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- June 4, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (June 4, 2016) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 4 June 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1590 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/06/best-of-genea-blogs-29-may-to-4-june.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.