Welcome to my genealogy blog. Genea-Musings features genealogy research tips and techniques, genealogy news items and commentary, genealogy humor, San Diego genealogy society news, family history research and some family history stories from the keyboard of Randy Seaver (of Chula Vista CA), who thinks that Genealogy Research Is really FUN!
Copyright (c) Randall J. Seaver, 2006-2017.
1) PERSON (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Name: Christina --?-- 
* Alternate Name: Christina Buhner Abel
* Sex: Female
2) INDIVIDUAL EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Birth: about 1730, Morris, Morris, New Jersey, United States
* Death: 1804 (about age 74). Fox Hill, Morris, New Jersey, United States
* Burial: 1804 (about age 74), Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery, Oldwick, Hunterdon, New Jersey, United States
3) SHARED EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Spouse 1: Michel Abel (1719-1791)
* Marriage: about 1755 (about age 25), New Jersey, United States
* Child 1: Andreas Able (1757-1830)
* Child 2: Johannes Able (1758-1818)
* Child 3: Matthias Able (1759-1826)
* Child 4: Mary Able (1760-1829)
* Child 5: Jacob Able (1763-1816)
* Child 6: Anna Elisabeth Able (1765-1815)
* Child 7: Catharine Able (1767- )
* Child 8: Eva Able (1769- )
* Child 9: Christina Able (1771-1855)
4) NOTES (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
The information on this Abel family was obtained from the book The Able Aubles by Juanita Hayter Crampton.
Christina was born about 1730, probably in Morris County, New Jersey. The Find A Grave memorial says her maiden name was Buhner, but I have found no records with that maiden name.
Michel Abel married Christina in about 1755, and they had nine children between 1757 and 1771. The names of the children may provide some clues to the names of their parents - they were Andreas, Johannes, Matthias, Mary, Jacob, Anna Elisabeth, Catharine, Eva and Christina.
Both Michel and Christina Able are buried in the Zion Lutheran Church graveyard at Oldwick, Tewksbury township, Hunterdon, New Jersey. There is a footstone with "C.A. 1804" on it, with no headstone. This stone was beside another footstone "M.A. 1791" (which could possibly be Michel Abel). This footstone is assumed to be the grave marker for Christina Abel.
1. Juanita Hayter Crampton, The Able Aubles (Utica, Kentucky: Mcdowell Publications, 1987), pages 29-31, Michael Able family sketch; digital image, FamilySearch Books (https://books.familysearch.org/).
2. Jim Tipton, indexed database, Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com), Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery, Oldwick, N.J., Christina Buhner Abel memorial #95615196.
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.