My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* A Brick Wall Journey, Part 1 by Diane Boumenot on the One Rhode Island Family blog.
* Can a Genealogist Refuse to Use DNA Evidence? by Blaine Bettinger on The Genetic Genealogist blog.
* 5 Ideas for Family History Innovators by Diane Elder on the Family Locket blog.
* Don't Forget the Collaterals by Donna M. Moughty on Donna's Irish Genealogy Resources blog.
* Marching the Weather by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog.
* No Address on Census -Where Did My Ancestor Live? by Mary Kircher Roddy on the Searching For Stories blog.
* Does The Genealogical Community Undervalue Recent Family History? by Emily Schroeder Kowalski on The Spiraling Chains: Kowalski - Bellan Family Trees blog.
* Why Are Irish Records So Weird? by John Grenham on the John Grenham -- Irish Roots blog.
* Concepts -- "Who to Test?" Series by Roberta J. Estes on the DNAeXplained - Genetic Genealogy
* Elsie Markham, A Courageous Woman Whose Secrets Were Revealed with DNA by Lorine McGinnis Schulze on the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 17th March 2017.. St. Patrick's Day by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* My High Fives by Dianne Nolin on the Genealogy: Beyond the BMD blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 11 - 2017 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Saturday Finds 18 March 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- March 18, 2017 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/03/best-of-genea-blogs-12-to-18-march-2017.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.