My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Updated Look at GedMatch by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog.
* Which records will be the last to ever be digitized? by James Tanner on the Rejoice and be exceeding glad... blog.
* Top Ten Genealogy "Close Calls" by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Pursuing a Career in Genetic Genealogy by Paul Woodbury on the Legacy Tree Genealogists blog.
* Who the heck is in that old photo? by Wayne Shepheard on the Discover Genealogy blog.
* Blog Surfing Research Toolboxes, Part 2 – Professional Sites by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Incest? by the writer of thegenealogygirl blog.
* Genetic Communities (TM) Beta: New Innovation from AncestryDNA by Kendall Hulet on the Ancestry Blog.
* Genetic Communities by Roberta J. Estes on the DNAeXplained -- Genetic Genealogy blog.
* AncestryDNA’s Genetic Communities are Finally Here! by Blaine Bettinger on The Genetic Genealogist blog.
* How a Professional Genealogist Approaches Brick Wall Problems by Amy Johnson Crow on the Amy Johnson Crow blog.
* A Sense of Place by Diane Boumenot on the One Rhode Island Family blog.
* Ignatius Grantham Again by Michele Simmons Lewis on the Ancestoring blog.
* Inherited Genealogy Files: Adding Source Citations to an Inherited Family Tree by Amie Bowser Tennant on Lisa Louise Cooke's Genealogy Gems blog.
* April Fool Meltdown Thanks to William Sterling Estes – 52 Ancestors #154 by Roberta J. Estes on the DNAeXplained -- Genetic Genealogy blog. Interesting timing.
* OMG -- Another Half-Sibling by Don Taylor on the Don Taylor Genealogy blog. Another one with interesting timing.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 31st March 2017 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 31 March 2017 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* My High Fives - March 31, 2017 by Dianne Nolin on the Genealogy: Beyond the BMD blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 13 - 2017 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Friday Finds 31 March 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Month – March 2017 by Nivole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- April 1, 2017 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (April 1, 2017) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/04/best-of-genea-blogs-week-of-26-march-to.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.