For this week's mission (should you decide to accept it), I challenge you to:
1) Show us one of your favorite photographs of your family - a group, yourself, your mom, your dad, your sibling(s), your grandparents, etc. Tell us about it - the date, the event, the setting, the persons in the photograph.
2) Share it on your own blog, in a comment on this blog, or on Facebook or Google+.
I picked this photograph because it is one of the only four-generation photos I have of my "San Diego" Carringer/Smith/Auble family.
Date: Late 1919 or early 1920 (because my mother was born in July 1919)
Event: Perhaps Christmas 1919, New Year's Day 1920, or a special day.
Setting: In front of my great-grandparents home at 2105 30th Street in San Diego, California (on the northeast corner of 30th Street and Hawthorn Street). I grew up in this house after it was moved to the middle of the block in the 1920s.
Persons (left to right):
* Georgianna (Kemp) Auble (1868-1952) - seated on the left, my great-grandmother, mother of Emily Kemp (Auble) Carringer.
* Mary Ann "Matie" (Smith) (Chenery) Cramer (1866-1922) - standing on the left, daughter of Abigail "Abbie" (Vaux) Smith, sister of Della (Smith) Carringer.
* Abbie Ardell "Della" (Smith) Carringer (1862-1944) - seated holding the cat, my great-grandmother, wife of Henry Austin Carringer, mother of Lyle Lawrence Carringer
* Harvey Edgar Carringer (1852-1946) - standing with a hat, brother of Henry Austin Carringer
* Emily Kemp (Auble) Carringer (1899-1977) - standing, daughter of Georgianna Auble, wife of Lyle Lawrence Carringer and mother of Betty Virginia Carringer
* Henry Austin Carringer (1853-1946) - seated, holding Betty Virginia Carringer, husband of Della (Smith) Carringer and father of Lyle Lawrence Carringer
* Betty Virginia Carringer (1919-2002) - seated on Austin Carringer's lap, daughter of Lyle and Emily (Auble) Carringer
* Lyle Lawrence Carringer (1891-1976) - standing on right with a bow tie, son of Austin and Della (Smith) Carringer, husband of Emily (Auble) Carringer, and father of Betty Virginia Carringer.
* Abigail A. (Vaux) Smith (1844-1931) - seated on right, mother of Della (Smith) Carringer.
I forgot the cat - he was Buster (????-????).
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/04/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-favorite.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Randall J. Seaver