For this week's mission (should you decide to accept it), I challenge you to:
1) I am away at the SCGS genealogy Jamboree this weekend, having too much fun (I hope!).
2) What was your best genealogy research "find" in May 2015? It could be a record, it could be a photograph, etc. Whatever you judge to be your "best."
3) Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, or in a comment to this blog post, or in a Facebook or google+ post.
While doing research to add content and context to my 52 Ancestors sketch of Humphrey White (1757-1814), my 4th great-grandfather, I found the following records:
* Four deeds in Bristol County, Massachusetts for Humphrey buying/receiving and then selling two parcels of land in Westport on the west side of the (now) Westport River. I wrote about two of the deeds (to date) in:
* Amanuensis Monday - Post 269: 1794 Deed of Jonathan White to Humphrey White in Bristol County, Mass. (25 May 2015)
* Amanuensis Monday - Post 270: 1792 Deed of Stephen Gifford to Humphrey White in Bristol County, Mass. (1 June 2015)
Then, I found the location of the Humphrey White house in Glocester, Providence County, Rhode Island based on an 1870 historical map, a vanity book article about the family, a photo in his profile on Geni.com, and Google Maps street view. My post was:
* Finding Humphrey White's House in Glocester, R.I. (27 May 2015)
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/06/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-your-best.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.