My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* MyHeritage Reunites Two Brothers -- Separated for 65 Years by Gahl on the MyHeritage Blog. What an amazing story.
* Organized Genealogy Research: Matching Two Theresas by Diane Haddad on the Genealogy Insider blog. Diane was successful!
* 8 Weeks to Better Rhode Island Genealogy Research – Week 4 – Maps and Deeds by Diane Boumenot on the One Rhode Island Family blog. Diane offers information about maps and deeds in this review.
* Ancestry Update!!! and Ancestry Update – A More In Depth Look – Losses and Gains by Roberta J. Estes on the DNAeXplained - Genetic Genealogy blog. Roberta summarizes her latest AncestryDNA results after the "improvement."
* The Science Behind a More Precise DNA Matching Algorithm by Anna Swayne on the Ancestry Tech Roots blog. Good information to have.
* RootsMagic WebHints Now Support Findmypast by Michael Booth on the RootsMagic Blog. Cool!
* 5 Types of Maps Every Genealogist Should Know by Amy Johnson Crow on the Amy Johnson Crow blog. Can you name them without looking?
* Genealogy and YouTube by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog. Linda highlights some of the genealogy videos found on YouTube.
* Genealogy for Millennials: 4 Reasons to Start Blogging Your Family History Today by Amie Bowser Tennant on the RootsBid Blog. I agree!
* AncestryDNA's updated matching algorithms - a before and after analysis by Debbie Kennett on the Cruwys News blog. Debbie compares the algorithms and results.
* Is Mom’s Obituary An Originally Derivative Authored Narrative or What? by Michael John Neill on the Rootdig.com blog. Yes.
* Cousin Russ helps me share a new idea for Genealogy Collaboration by Becky Jamison on the Grace and Glory blog. Some good ideas here - watch the video too.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking May 6th, 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 6 May 2016 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds 6 May 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- May 7, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (May 7, 2016) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 7 May 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1590 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/05/best-of-genea-blogs-1-to-7-may-2016.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.