Martha "Patty" Phillips is #79 on my Ahnentafel list, my 4th great-grandmother. She married in 1780 to #78 Isaac Buck (1757-1846).
* their daughter #39 Sophia Buck (1797-1882) who married #38 Thomas Newton (about 1795 to about 1840) in about 1834.
* their daughter, #19 Sophia Newton (1834-1923) who married #18 Edward Hildreth (1831-1899), in 1852.
1) PERSON (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Name: Martha "Patty" Phillips[1,3]
* Alternate Name: Patty Phillips[2,4]
* Sex: Female
* Father: John Phillips (1722-after 1800)
* Mother: Hannah Brown (1725-before 1774)
2) INDIVIDUAL EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Birth: 20 August 1757, Shrewsbury, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States[1,3]
* Death: after 1820 (after about age 63), probably Sterling, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
3) SHARED EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Spouse 1: Isaac Buck (1757-1846)
* Marriage 1: 18 May 1780 (age 22), Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States[2,4]
* Child 1: Polly Buck (1782- )
* Child 2: Silas Buck (1784-1863)
* Child 3: Pliny Buck (1790-1874)
* Child 4: Martha Buck (1791- )
* Child 5: Sally Buck (1794- )
* Child 6: Sophia Buck (1797-1882)
* Child 7: Dennis Buck (1802-1873)
* Child 8: Isaac Buck (1808-1871)
* Child 9: Leander Howe Buck (1810- )
4) NOTES (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
Martha Phillips was born 20 August 1757 to John and Hannah (Brown) Phillips in Shrewsbury, Worcester County, Massachusetts[1,3]. The Shrewsbury, Massachusetts town record book lists the birth as:
"Martha Phillips, daughter of John & Hannah Phillips, was born
August the 20th 1757"
Isaac Buck and Patty Phillips married on 18 May 1780[2,4]. The Lancaster, Massachusetts town records records the event as:
"May 18 1780, marriage of Isaac Buck and Patty Phillips, both of Lancaster, consummated by Rev. Reuben Holcomb."
Martha and Isaac Buck had nine children between 1782 and 1810, born in either Sterling or Holden, Massachusetts. Isaac Buck resided in Sterling in the 1790, 1810 and 1820 U.S. Census enumerations.
Martha "Patty" (Phillips) Buck probably died after the 1820 U.S. Census, since there is no female of the appropriate age in the 1830 U.S. Census for the Isaac Buck household. No death record has been found in Sterling town records or vital records book. There is no burial record for Martha, although it is likely she was buried in Legg Cemetery in Sterling near her husband's gravestone.
1. Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988, digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com), Shrewsbury Births, Marriages and Deaths, Page 108, on Image 111, Martha Phillips birth entry.
2. Henry S. Nourse (editor), The Birth, Marriage and Death Register, Church Records and Epitaphs of Lancaster, Massachusetts, 1643-1850 ( Lancaster, Mass. : n.p., 1890), Marriages, page 126, Isaac Buck and Patty Phillips entry.
3. Systematic History Fund, Vital Records of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts to the end of the year 1849 (Worcester, Mass. : Franklin P. Rice, 1904), Births, page 84, Martha Phillips entry, 1757.
4. Massachusetts, Town Records, 1620-1988, digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com), Lancaster Births, Marriages, and Deaths, Page 204, on Image 127, Isaac Buck and Patty Phillips marriage entry.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/05/52-ancestors-in-52-weeks-week-70-79.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Randall J. Seaver