For this week's mission (should you decide to accept it), I challenge you to:
1) Go to the "How Old I Look?" website (http://how-old.net/#) and upload one or more of your photos of yourself, your family, or your ancestors.
2) Show us the results on your own blog post, on Facebook or Google+. Please post a link to your post as a comment on this blog post.
3) Come on now, be brave and show us your photos. You don't have to tell your age, only how many years off the guess is.
1) I did my own with a 2014 photo (I was age 71):
So it missed my age by 7 years.
2) I did myself with a 1969 photo (age 25):
It missed my age by 2 years.
3) I did Linda (a 2014 photo):
It missed her age by 10 years. But it was the right way!
4) I did my family in 1976:
It missed the ages by 12, 2, 45, 8 and 7 years. My brother Scott looks really young here, and it guessed he was age 66! Who knew?
5) My Carringer grandparents in about 1970:
It missed the ages by 13 and 12 years.
6) A Carringer/Smith group photo in 1920:
It missed the ages by 3, 8, 15, 14, 13 and 10. I guess it doesn't work for cat ages...
So the average miss in guessing the ages of the folks in these pictures was 181/16 = 11.3 years.
How did I make the images? I used the Windows Snipping Tool and saved the image to my hard drive before uploading them to the blog post.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/05/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-guessing.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Randall J. Seaver