* Managed to make it in time to the Keynote talks - Levar Burton's address was moving and memorable, and the presentation of his family tree book afterward by Thom Reed of FamilySearch was beautiful - Levar was genuinely appreciative and surprised by it. Ben Bennett of Findmypast spoke, as did a panel of Kenyatta Berry, Sherri Camp and Melvin Collier.
* I went to the registration desk and bought an Expo Hall pass for Linda. I called her, and went and picked her up at the hotel, and we walked through the Expo Hall. We had lunch before the classes let out. I went back to the Media Hub, taking photos the whole way. Linda wandered around and spent about two hours before going back to the room. I spent an hour or two in the Media Hub writing blog posts.
* I watched one of Russ Worthington's presentation on FTM 2017 in the Family Tree Maker exhibit theater and then had a great discussion with Jack Minsky about the program sand saw a demonstration on FTM 2017.
* Returned to the hotel at 4:30 p.m. and updated the blog compendium, then took a nap.
* We left with Dennis and Gloria at 5:30 p.m. to go to dinner at Blue Iguana, and then to the Marriott for the MyHeritage party. The party began at 8 p.m. and was fun, although the music was too loud for us. We sat at a table near one of the food lines and talked to a number of folks who passed by and sat down with us. That was fun. We left after the 10 o'clock prizes were announced, and walked with Laura Hedgecock back to the Radisson through gale force winds and driving rain. Even with raincoats and an umbrella, we got soaked.
* I updated the blog compendium again, and got to bed about 11:30 p.m.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.