My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* GUEST POST: The McGuire Method – Simplified Visual DNA Comparisons by Lauren McGuire on Blaine Bettinger's The Genetic Genealogist blog.
* The Severe Trials and Responsibilities of Pioneer Life by Michael Dyer on the Family Sleuther blog.
* It's a Fact. No Discussion Needed. Or Is It? by Elizabeth Shown Mills on the Evidence Explained QuickTips blog.
* Blog Surfing Research Toolboxes by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* 6 “Out Of the Box” Genealogy Resources by Lisa Lisson on the Are You My Cousin? blog.
* Raw DNA Data: A Missing Piece to Your DNA Puzzle by Diahan Southard on Lisa Louise Cooke's Genealogy Gems blog.
* GEDmatch Tag Groups plus New One to Many by Kitty Cooper on Kitty Cooper's Blog.
* Disease, Epidemics, and Your Ancestors by Katy on the Legacy Tree Genealogists blog.
* Don’t Let Your Research Be Flushed Down the Toilet by the writer of The Ancestry Insider blog.
* Secrets to Successful Irish Family Research by Niall Cullen on the Findmypast Blog.
* So you want to pursue certification by Michele Simmons Lewis on the Ancestoring blog.
* Are You a Genealogist or a Family Historian? by Alona Tester on the Lone Tester HQ blog.
* Wanted: Genetic Genealogy Analysis Tools Incorporating Family Tree Charts by Debbie Parker Wayne on the Deb's Delvings in Genealogy blog.
* Search to Failure by Dave Robison on the Old Bones Genealogy of New England -- Blog.
* Recording All the Details by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog.
* My Digital Workflow by Janine Adams on the Organize Your Family History blog.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 24th March 2017 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* My High Fives - March 24, 2017 by Dianne Nolin on the Genealogy: Beyond the BMD blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 12 - 2017 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Saturday Finds 25 March 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- March 25, 2017 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (March 25, 2017) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/03/best-of-genea-blogs-19-to-25-march-2017.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.