My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* A Jewish Adoptee Finds His Birth Family by Kitty Cooper on Kitty Cooper's Blog. Kitty helps find an adoptee's biological father - it's a wonderful story.
* New Resource for Loyalists From New York by Lorine McGinnis Schulze on the Olive Tree Genealogy Blog. Lorine shares newly found Loyalist information.
* Why Do You Love Genealogy? by John Grenham on the John Grenham -- Irish Roots blog. John has great answers.
* Genealogical Misconceptions by Michael John Neill on the Rootdig.com blog. An oldie but goodie - still appropriate.
* Jesson Lesson by Tony Proctor on the Parallax View blog. Tony solves several mysteries in his English Jesson line in this journal quality article.
* Introducing the New Discoveries Page by Esther on the MyHeritage Blog. MyHeritage has changed their Discoveries (Smart matches, record matches, etc.) page layout and options.
* Discovering My Passion for Genealogy by Kenyatta D. Berry on the FamilySearch Blog. Kenyatta's story about finding her passion is fascinating.
* Genealogy's Most Persistent Modern Myth by James Tanner on the Genealogy's Star blog. James disagrees with the claim that genealogy is the second most popular hobby. The embedded video is excellent!
* My RootsTech Tech by Louis Kessler on Louis Kessler's Behold Genealogy blog. Louis has it all planned.
* Why the FHL Restricts Microfilm Access by Susan Farrell Bankhead on the Brick Wall Genealogist blog. I've always wondered about this.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking Feb 3, 2017 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus Gems - 4 February 2017 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 5 -- 2017 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Friday Finds 3 Feb 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- February 4, 2017 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (February 4, 2017) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/02/best-of-genea-blogs-29-january-to-4.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.