"There are people who live long enough to create a link — a one-generation link — to figures from what feels like a distant past, and their presence among us shrinks history. When 'Long Ago' suddenly becomes 'So I said to him ...,' long ago jumps closer.
* In 1973, a man who said that his father was a friend of Rasputin and he remembered that came over for tea.
* In 1956, Samuel Seymour discussed being at Ford's Theater when President Lincoln was shot
* Oliver Wendell Holmes, the famous Supreme Court Justice, shook the hands of Presidents John Quincy Adams and John F. Kennedy.
* President John Tyler has two grandsons still alive.
* The last Civil War widow, Alberta Martin, died in 2004.
I thought that it was interesting.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/02/rasputin-time-travel-worm-holes-oh-my.html
Copyright (c) Randall J. Seaver, 2012